YOUR SAFETY AND PROTECTION AT ALL STAGES OF YOUR STAY
This protocol represents our commitment to our guests. Your trust deserves our full attention and effort. Maintaining and meeting our most rigorous cleanliness and hygiene operating standards has always been a priority. Today, taking into account the effects of covid-19, and in consultation with global and local public health authorities, we have developed an even more rigorous and comprehensive sanitary protocol applicable to all levels of our operations. We owe it to you to guarantee the safest and healthiest possible environment during your stay with us.
It is important for us above all to welcome you and your loved ones in the safest and healthiest possible environment, like at home.
I. BEFORE ARRIVAL
- Consult the electronic version of our “Guest Journey” brochure available here
Complete our online check-in formalities before your arrival or at the hotel reception in respect of the health protocol in place.
Only fully vaccinated guests (both local and international) have access to our hotels. Under 18 accompanying their parents are exempted from vaccination.
Local guests will be requested to produce their original vaccination card upon check in at the hotel.
Unvaccinated travelers will be subject to a 14 days in-room quarantine in designated hotels.
All guests are required to have a Travel Insurance with a Covid-19 cover.
- Supporting documents to be presented on arrival:
- Vaccination certificate
- Covid-19 Travel Insurance
- Hotel voucher
II. ARRIVAL AT AIRPORT OF MAURITIUS
- Guest will undergo a temperature check upon disembarkation
- A PCR test will be done at the airport if guest temperature exceeds 37.8 degree or displays Covid-19 symptoms.
III. GROUND TRANSPORTATION
(Resort’s own service)
- Our drivers wear masks and protective gloves and are fully trained on Covid 19 protocols.
- All vehicles are disinfected before and after each use.
IV. ENTRANCE AT MAIN GATE
- Our Security Officer takes temperature of non-checking driver only
- Driver will not be allowed to exit his vehicle if temperature is above 37.8o C.
V. HOTEL ENTRANCE
- Permanent floor markings will guide you to maintain social distance
- emperature check is paramount upon arrival at the main entrance of the hotel.
VI. LUGGAGE HANDLING
- Guest luggage is misted with sanitizing product.
VII. FRONT DESK - CHECK IN
- A welcome cocktail is offered on arrival
- As per government’s protocol, all guests shall undergo a mandatory free of cost antigen test upon arrival.
- Our hotel will offer free of charge 1 antigen tests.
- Hand sanitizer gel dispensers are available in different areas at the lobby for guest usage
- Our Front Desk Agent invites guest to complete all formalities, either at the Front desk or in-room, while respecting physical distancing rules.
- Our Front Desk Agent accompanies and checks in guests in their Sanitized room
- All sanitized rooms are designated by specific door tag.
- Hand sanitizer gel dispensers are available in all rooms.
VIII. GUEST ROOMS
- Rooms are sanitized prior to guest arrival. After the cleaning service, a doorknob signage is placed on the door to indicate that no one has had access to your room after the cleaning service.
- Your room is sanitized with approved anti virus disinfectant.
- Your room is equipped with a disinfectant gel dispenser and is replenished daily.
- Laundry from customers is collected and returned in a sealed and sanitized basket or packaging.
IX. ROOM SERVICE
- Tray and plate clearance performed upon guest instruction.
- Mini-bar service only replenished during cleaning time.
- Tables have been re-arranged to respect social distancing protocols.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized before / after each use.
- Reduced buffets offer with a preference for “ la carte service”.
- Menu covers and bill holders are sanitized after each use.
- Hand sanitizer gels are available in all restaurants and washrooms.
- Cash and credit card payments are only accepted at Reception under strict sanitary measures.
XI. EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES
- All excursions and activities must be booked in advance.
- Only exclusive excursions are offered and will be accompanied by specific sanitary protocols
- The number of participants are limited for on-site activities and upon reservation only.
XII. POOL & BEACH ACTIVITIES
- All deckchairs and beach kiosks are sanitized after each use.
- Menu covers and bill holders are sanitized after each use.
XIII. WATER ACTIVITIES & BOAT HOUSE
- The boat house will be equipped with hand sanitizer gel and wipes.
- Small equipment - life jacket / mask / fins and snorkel are sanitized before and after each use.
- Pedal boats, lasers, Hobbie Cat, etc. are sanitized before and after each use.
XIV. RESORT BOUTIQUE
- Only limited number of guests will be allowed in the boutique at a time
- Guests are requested to wear a mask inside the boutique.
- Guests will be invited to sanitize their hands at the entrance.
XV. BUSINESS CENTRE & MEETINGS
- Conference and meeting rooms have been set up to respect social distancing protocols.
- A limited number of participants are allowed inside depending on the size of the conference and meeting rooms.
- All equipment and furniture are sanitized before / after use.
- Toilets are cleaned and sanitized every hour.
XVI. SPA & WELLNESS
- Only accessible upon reservation
- Visible markings on the ground at the Reception for keeping social distancing.
- Shower is compulsory before any treatment.
- Spa Therapists disinfect their hands in front of the guest before starting the treatment.
Wellness activities (where applicable)
- Wellness activities in group will have limited number of participants. Prior reservation is required.
- Floor and yoga mats are sanitized before and after each use.
XVII. FITNESS ROOM
- Access to the Fitness Center is upon reservation.
- A limited number of guests is allowed at a time within a time slot session system.
- After each session, a 20-minute time period will be taken to refresh, sanitize and ventilate the space.
- For hygiene reasons, guests are invited to wipe and disinfect their sports equipment before and after use.
- Dispensers for disinfectant gel and wipes are available and filled regularly
XVIII. GOLF & SHUTTLE SERVICE
- Our shuttles are sanitized after each trip.
- Guests are required to wear a mask in all closed common areas.
- Please contact your Front desk service for booking of your tee-time.
XIX. KIDS CLUB (up to 12 years old)
- Access authorized only on pre-reservation at the Kids Club.
- Outdoor activities will be encouraged instead of indoor activities.
- Limited access to parents inside Kids club and Baby club.
- Sanitization of hands for all children during check-in and after each activity.
- The hotel Kids club reserves the right to refuse admission to any child showing at-risk symptoms.
- Kid’s meals are on pre-booking only.
- All toys are sanitized after use
- Dispensers of disinfectant gel and wipes available and filled regularly.
- Toilets cleaned and sanitized every hour.
- Our hotel, in partnership with 2 accredited laboratories, provides in-resort service for guests requiring PCR tests before boarding to home country.
- Medical staff of the laboratories carries out the PCR test 2-3 days prior to departure.
- Reports will be sent to guest by email.
- Cost of test is charged directly by the Laboratory to guest at MUR 2,000 per test.
- Guest in need of PCR test should inform our Front desk service upon check in.
XXI. GENERAL MEASURES
- As per government protocols, guests can remove their masks ONLY at the beach, swimming pool and when seated at table in the restaurant or at the bar.
- Our on-site infirmary at Heritage Resorts and our Company Doctor at Veranda Resorts are ready to provide assistance in the event of any medical problem.
- Our staff has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Continuing education program and training are in place for our staff, including enhanced hygiene and Covid 19 precautionary measures.
- All staffs wear protective equipment such as masks and sanitize their hands regularly during service.
- All spaces and touch points are sanitized at regular intervals.
- Only approved cleaning products, anti-bacterial and virucide disinfectants are used in accordance with CDC and WHO guidelines.
- Housekeeping staff are fully trained in the use of chemicals and disinfectants for the cleaning and sanitization of all surfaces and points of contact of guests’ rooms.